The Office of Student Life advances the Bethel College mission through its commitment to an inclusive and welcoming community rooted and open in our Anabaptist history and institutional values.
Discover the intersection between your gifts and the world’s needs within a network of encouragement, challenge and respect. And find meaningful friendships for a lifetime.
Bethel College is a community of individuals sharing the goals and values related to a liberal arts education and a Christian understanding of life rooted in the Anabaptist Mennonite heritage. We welcome and embrace the rich diversity students, faculty and staff from many traditions, backgrounds and cultures bring to the campus. We expect all members of the community to affirm and strive toward the goals of Bethel College and to maintain a relationship of trust with one another.
We believe the highest standards of personal conduct are contained in the teachings of Jesus Christ. Guided by these teachings, we strive to be a community whose members are responsible to each other in the following ways:
- to seek the health, growth, and development of self and others;
- to guard the dignity and worth, and to promote the equality and empowerment, of self and others;
- to be honest and trustworthy;
- to help maintain the order, peace and privacy people need for rest, study and reflection;
- to value volunteerism and participate in service to others;
- to work through conflicts without force, intimidation or retreat;
- to promote relationships that are free from sexual discrimination, sexual coercion, exploitation and abuse;
- to keep the environment safe and clean; and
- to nurture the spiritual awareness and development of self and others.
Any behavior that jeopardizes the rights or safety of others or places oneself at risk is subject to institutional intervention.
You can learn more about Bethel’s Community Standards, along with the student conduct process, in the Student Handbook.