Getting to Campus
No matter where you’re coming from, Bethel College is not difficult to find.
Our driving directions will help you find your way.
From the North or South via I-135
- Take Exit 34 (K-15, North Newton/Abilene) and proceed south to 27th Street
- Immediately after the flashing yellow pedestrian light, turn left to enter the campus
For the Admissions office (Leisy Welcome Center):
- proceed three blocks farther to 24th Street to the flashing yellow light and turn left
- Go two blocks to College Avenue
- The Leisy Welcome Center is the large butterscotch-colored house on your right, on the southeast corner of College and 24th Street.
From the east via U.S. Hwy. 50
- Pass through Walton
- Proceed several miles to the exit for Newton and 12th Street
- Take this exit – do not take the ramp to I-135 south to Wichita
- The 12th Street exit will take you to Old Trail Road 1200
- Follow Old Trail Road 1200 to 12th Street and turn right on 12th
- Proceed on 12th Street (west) to the traffic light at K-15 (Main Street)
- Turn right (north) on K-15 and proceed one mile to 24th Street at the flashing yellow light (for Admissions/Leisy Welcome Center) or three blocks farther to 27th Street immediately before the flashing yellow pedestrian light (for campus)
- Turn right and proceed two blocks for Admissions/Leisy Welcome Center, the large butterscotch-colored house on your right, on the southeast corner of 24th Street and College Avenue, or turn right into the campus at 27th Street.
From the north via K-15
- Go under the interstate
- proceed to 27th Street for the campus or 24th Street for Admissions (Leisy Welcome Center) and continue as directed above.
From the west via U.S. Hwy. 50
- Take Highway 50 on the south side of Newton
- Get on Interstate 135 N (U.S. 50 E, Emporia/U.S. 81 N, Salina)
- Proceed north on I-135 to Exit 34 (K-15, North Newton/Abilene)
- then use directions above for "from north or south via I-135."
By train or plane
If traveling by train, book a ticket to Newton, home of one of the few Amtrak stations in Kansas. If traveling by plane, arrive at Wichita’s Mid-Continent Airport and you’ll have only a 30-minute drive to our campus. If needed, transportation to and from the airport or train station can be arranged.
We also have a list of area accommodations to help you plan your visit.