Call your Ph.D. professors by their first names as you partner together to explore your interests, develop your passions and achieve your aspirations.
Experience the individualized attention you deserve from professors who are more like peers, pushing you to develop your strengths through critical thinking and strong writing – skills to last you a lifetime.
Enrich your academic experience and expand your cultural perspectives through study abroad.
Explore issues relevant to you and society – ask your burning questions to local, regional and national speakers during convocations and lectures.
You’ll spend four years alongside faculty who are your mentors, advisers and potentially research partners, some of whom who will also be a reference, resource and friend for a lifetime.
- Scholarship that prizes intellectual curiosity and critical inquiry – Bethel values statement
- 10:1 student-faculty ratio
- #1 private college in Kansas in number of graduates going on to earn a Ph.D., 2015
Not seeing exactly what you imagined as a major? Craft your own – with the help of two advisers - to align with your personal interests, passions and aspirations. It’s not about what your major is called, it’s about what you do.
Not sure of a major? Explore your interests and aptitudes with the help of your adviser, career services and coordinator of first-year success – and still graduate on time.
In January, while your friends shiver in their classrooms, you could be studying in Costa Rica, Mexico or Haiti.
What academic support will I have to succeed?
You’ll have the entire campus community behind you, supporting your academic progress and personal well-being – making sure you get the most out of your Bethel College experience.
- Get personalized guidance from your adviser, who knows you and your goals and will help you find opportunities for success.
- Take advantage of the Center for Academic Development’s tutoring and other services.
- The Registrar’s Office will help you stay on track toward graduation.
- Our library provides convenient access and assistance as you seek out information during your studies.