Each year an Awards Committee of the Alumni Association bestows Young Alumnus, Outstanding Alumnus and Distinguished Achievement Awards on select graduates. The awards have been given since 1960.
The Young Alumnus Award recognizes character and citizenship, achievement or service rendered, honors and recognition received. The recipient must be 39 years of age or younger.
The Outstanding Alumnus Award is given on the basis of character and citizenship, service to church/community or college or other outstanding achievements, honors and recognition.
The Distinguished Achievement Award acknowledges character and citizenship, achievement in a chosen profession or vocation and work of benefit to humanity.
The Awards Committee operates independently of administrators and staff in making selections. It welcomes a broad range of nominees who reflect Bethel’s many programs, college experiences and diversity as well as achievement or service in a variety of areas. Send names with accompanying comments to the Awards Committee in care of the Office of Alumni Relations.
For more information, please follow the links below or contact the alumni office.
- Sherilyn Graber Ortman '98, Marion, S.D. (Young Alumnus Award)
- Wiliam J. Ortman '99, Marion, S.D. (Young Alumnus Award)
- Justina Neufeld '55, '57, North Newon, Kan. (Outstanding Alumnus Award)
- G. John Dick '61, Claremont, Calif. (Distinguished Achievement Award)
Nominate an alumnus for the Distinguished Achievement Award, Outstanding Alumnus Award or Young Alumnus Award. Email Dave Linscheid your nomination. Include comments and, if possible, supporting documentation on the nominee’s qualifications and achievements.
- Dianne Epp ’61, North Newton
- Jeffrey Graber ’04, Park City
- Delon Martens ’73, Haven
- Marlan Ratzlaff ’55, Moundridge
- Krista Voth ’98, Wichita
- Richard Zerger ’69, McPherson