Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer
Starting Date: August 1, 2016
This position is a one year appointment, renewable for a second year with approval of the Athletic Training Staff and Program Director.
This position will be responsible for organization and supervision of health care delivery to student-athletes under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer and Athletic Training Program Director in an academic supervision model. Responsibilities include injury prevention, evaluation, recognition, emergency care and referral, and rehabilitation. Some travel may be required. If eligible, this position may serve as a Preceptor for students enrolled in the CAATE accredited undergraduate program. Familiarity in working with a small school is preferred.
The position will pay a stipend of $8,000 and in-state tuition and fees for graduate work at an approved Kansas public university up to $5,000 per year. We have been successful helping out-of-state candidates apply for in-state tuition status. Additional benefits include health insurance option, malpractice liability insurance, NATA dues, and Kansas State Licensure fees.
Requirements: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training. BOC certification for the athletic trainer (ATC) or eligible. Licensure as an athletic trainer (LAT) with The Kansas State Board of Healing Arts or eligible. Must be certified and state licensed by the start of practices in August.
Include resume, cover letter, and list of three professional references. Review of applications begins immediately and will be accepted until the position is filled. AA/EOE
Submit applications electronically to:
Doug Maury, ATC
AT Program Director
Full-time Nursing Instructor
Bethel College Department of Nursing invites applicants for a full-time faculty position in clinical and simulation teaching. Bethel’s nursing program is accredited with the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and is approved by the Kansas State Board of Nursing. Bethel College is a four-year, private, liberal arts college affiliated with Mennonite Church USA. Applicants should be in sympathy with an academic community that values the pursuit of authentic faith, critical inquiry, peace-making, social justice, and cross-cultural learning and service.
An unencumbered Kansas nursing licenses is required, as well as a baccalaureate and a master’s degree in nursing from an accredited school. Candidates nearing completion of the master’s degree may be considered. The ideal candidate will have 5 years of experience in medical surgical nursing; 2 years of experience in teaching in an academic or staff development setting; as well as experience in development and implementation of clinical simulations. Certification in simulation is a plus.
Responsibilities would include teaching, departmental and institutional committee work and service, student recruitment, and academic advising.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, Bethel College Employment Application, transcripts, resume or curriculum vita with three references, along with a statement of teaching philosophy to Denise Krase, Office for Academic Affairs, Bethel College, 300 E. 27th, North Newton, KS 67117. You may also email the materials to email@example.com
Review of applications will being April 1, 2016, and will continue until the position is filled. Individuals who bring diversity are encouraged to apply. Bethel College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Director of Alumni Relations
Bethel College seeks a full time Director of Alumni Relations. This position relates to Bethel College alumni by coordinating social events and written communications. This position serves as part of the Institutional Advancement office.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Creative planning for alumni gatherings both locally and at a distance
- A multitude of communications with alumni, tracking their locations, work accomplishments, births, marriages, and deaths
- Assist and prepare communications for Bethel’s quarterly alumni magazine, Bethel’s monthly e-newsletter, Fall Fest and Alumni Weekend
- Oversee and manage Bethel’s Alumni Association and Student Alumni Association commitees
- Meet as part of development and advancement team
- Manage Fall Fest, Alumni Golf Tournament, Alumni Weekend and other alumni activities
- Supervisory and managerial responsibilities include students and administrative assistant
- Responsible for the Alumni Relations budget
- Bethel College alumnus or alumnae, with 5 years of experience in administrative or organizational management
- Strong interpersonal skills, including willingness to initiate contact with others and communicate positive happenings at Bethel College
- Detail oriented with strong time-management, organizational, and multi-tasking abilities
- Experience using Microsoft Office Software, G-Mail, and the experience and affinity for learning relational database software
Flexible hours, some evenings and weekends required.
Please send the following to: Pam Tieszen at Bethel College, 300 E. 27th Street, North Newton, KS 67117 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE/AA
- Cover Letter
- Bethel College Employment Application
- Three professional references (names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail)
Review of applications will begin May 1, and continue until position is filled.