"/> Looking for a Campus Job? | Bethel College, KS
Please consider saving paper, ink, and electricity instead of printing.
Seek. Serve. Grow.

I love Bethel because of the community of friends that we have here.
Claire Unruh ’12

Looking for a Campus Job?

Your employment future — your marketability — is subject to employers looking at your background of valuable experiences and skills, as well as your potential by virtue of your liberal arts college education.

At Bethel College, a campus job will provide you with the opportunity to show that you are reliable and able to perform your work assignments. Strive to make your campus job a positive experience. From your campus job, you can build a résumé to show future employers. Your Bethel supervisor can serve as a future reference.

Here are the steps you need to take and what you need to know:

  1. If you are a new student or one who has not worked on campus before, your first step is complete the required paperwork (Employment Application, Federal W-4, Kansas W-4 and I-9 forms).
  2. You must show Megan Kershner, the director, the appropriate ID as detailed on the I-9 form such as a passport or a driver’s license AND a social security card or birth certificate. We are required by law to see the ORIGINALS no faxed or photocopies.
  3. Look over the jobs advertised on the career services web page
  4. If you are interested in any of these positions please contact the supervisor to express interest in the position. If you are hired you will be issued a student employment agreement or contract from the supervisor. (If your required paperwork is complete then we will sign off on the contract and you are ready to begin work.)

Are you work-study eligible? Meaning — are you eligible to earn federal work-study dollars? Preference is given to work-study eligible students when possible.

Important: A student is not allowed to begin work until a completed contract is turned in to the business office, along with the W-4, K-4 and I-9 forms.

If you have questions please contact Megan Kershner or stop by Career Services in the central Ad Building offices.

How do I get paid?

Time sheets are due in the business office on the 17th of each month. (The pay period goes from the 16th of one month to the 15th of the next.) Work recorded on a time sheet must coincide with the dates on a signed contract.

Go to the business office on payday to pick up your check or to endorse it over to your student account. Time sheets may not be accumulated but must be turned in on a regular, monthly basis.

Can I use my earnings to pay my college bill?

If you wish to use your earnings to pay on your student account, you must get approval from Karen Garcia in the Office of Financial Aid/Student Accounts.

A decision to allow you to apply earnings to your bill will be based on a completed student employment contract for the current year, the number of hours on the contract and the success of your previous semester’s or year’s work and payment obligations.

Note: A first-year student will not be considered for this payment plan until he/she has had a successful work experience for a semester.