Bethel College has an extensive data network and fast Internet access. Many workstations available for student use, including two public computer labs and many specialized departmental computers. Bethel uses Google Apps for email, calendars, and documents.
Campus computing facilities
The Information & Media Services (IMS) department supports all information technology (IT) and audio/visual (AV) systems on campus. IMS provides a wide range of technology resources for the Bethel community.
- Many public use computers for students in several buildings
- Wireless network access throughout all campus buildings and the Green
- High-speed dedicated symmetrical access to the Internet and Internet
- Wired network ports in every residence hall room on campus
- Modern, high-speed data network infrastructure built on an optical fiber backbone
- Server infrastructure supporting a full suite of network-based services
Student use computer facilities
Computer labs: Two computer labs on the ground floor of the James A. Will Family Academic Center are open every day from 8 a.m. until midnight during the school year and from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday – Friday during the summer and other academic breaks. The lab computers have a number of specialty software packages installed to support courses in several departments, such as Mathematica, Systat, LabView, Final Cut Pro, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
Mantz Library: There are a number of computer kiosks in Mantz Library, available for student use when the library is open.