Be part of a community that reflects a range of racial, cultural and ethnic traditions.
Value the richness and learning that comes from a rich mix of individual differences, including dimensions of age, culture, education, ethnicity, exceptionalities, gender, geographical origin, language, politics, race, religion, sexual orientation and socioeconomic status.
Experience how the ideas, cultures, practices and religions that each Bethel student brings can enhance the entire Bethel College experience – from the classroom to residence halls, from spiritual life to campus organizations.
Live among people of sometimes radically divergent ways of thinking, learning to evaluate your own story against new ideas and ways of relating to others.
Become an active member of a campus community characterized by compassion, respect, ethical concern and social responsibility.
- 30% students of color
- 50%+ of students come from backgrounds other than Mennonite
- Diversity: that prizes all individuals for their unique combination of heritage, personality and talents, Bethel values statement
Discover a supportive and inclusive environment on campus that complements the academic experience, connects and engages you with the Bethel College community and provides opportunities for ongoing personal and professional development.
- Diversity Council: promotes diversity and inclusion on campus; an outlet for students to voice concerns and ideas pertinent to the differing cultures present at Bethel College.
- Multicultural Student Union: sponsors a number of social and educational events; membership open to all members of the student body with an interest in minority student issues.
- FemCore: feminist collective that brings awareness to gender and social issues on a campus, state, national and global scale; an advocacy group as well as a safe space.
- Gay/Straight Alliance: open to members of the Bethel College community regardless of sexual orientation; increases visibility of the LGBTQ+ community on campus; helps promote LGBTQ+ interests by providing opportunities to share information and resources, and by advocating on behalf of LGBTQ+ students at Bethel.
- BeLonGTo: provides support exclusively to people who identify as LGBTQ+ or are questioning their sexual orientation; student-led group not open to the community, with meeting space and times kept private to protect and respect those who want anonymity.
- Safe Zone Program: clearly identifies individuals, programs and services that have made a special commitment to enhancing the quality of life on campus.
- Culture Shock: open to both international and U.S. students; promotes better understanding between international and U.S. students, helps international students adjust to Bethel College and American culture, introduces other cultures to the college and surrounding community through special events and programs, plans educational, social, recreational and cultural events for the club members, the college community and the wider community.
Discover a home away from home with one of our host families. Your host family may entertain you for meals, give you an opportunity to periodically get away from campus on weekends, and welcome your family when they visit you at Bethel.