Haury Hall, located on the south side of Bethel’s campus and the closest to all the action, houses our first-year college students. The building has three levels, each with two wings. Haury houses approximately 80 women on one floor separated into three wings and 80 men on two floors separated into three wings.
Haury Hall offers an at-home feel with a lounge area, laundry facility, kitchen and community style bathroom with individual shower stalls on each level. It is a very social residence hall and there is always something going on. The Hub lounge on the first (ground) floor is where many Residence Life activities take place. The Hub has a pool table, ping-pong table, cable TV, ice machine and vending machines. It is also a great place to study, offering a side lounge with tables and chairs.
Another popular feature of Haury Hall is the sun deck. This fenced-in deck allows students to catch some rays and is also a venue for hall functions throughout the year. The main floor lounge is a good place to gather with friends. Living in Haury feels much like living in a big house. Residents create a close family atmosphere, leaving you feeling as if you have multiple brothers and sisters.
Haury Hall has one professional staff member, the Resident Director (RD), who lives in the building. The RD also serves as the Coordinator of First-Year success and is responsible for aiding your transition to life as a Bethel College student. The RD is aided by six Community Assistants (CAs) students who facilitate programs and events for you to learn and grow in addition to serving as a mentor and resource.
Meet Your Resident Director
Sarah Kovalesky is from southeastern Pennsylvania, where she attended the Pennsylvania State University earning degrees in Classics & Ancient Mediterranean Studies and History, as well as a minor in International Studies.
While at Penn State, Sarah worked with first-year students as a mentor for the Learning Edge Academic Program (LEAP) for three summers and as a Polaris Guide in a pilot program within the residence halls focusing on bringing resources to first-year students. In addition to her work with first-year students, Sarah studied abroad in Rome, Italy and Athens, Greece and was involved in numerous student organizations.
I could not be more excited for my first year at Bethel! I cannot wait to see what this year has in store for Haury Hall and the entire Bethel community.
Meet your community assistants
- Terrence Jones
- I am a junior from Little Rock, Arkansas. I’m majoring in chemistry, so that I can work towards becoming a pharmacist. I am a point guard for the men’s basketball team. I enjoy interacting and spending time with my peers. This is my first year as a CA and I am located in Haury Hall. I also enjoy meeting new people and making new friends.
- Taylor Wright
- I am a junior psychology major with a minor in biology and am going for clinical and counseling, neuroscience and interdisciplinary health certificates. I am from Salem, Oregon and I love spending my free time with friends and family. Here on campus I am a first year CA and a psychology department assistant.
- Rashaka Lucas
- Shaka Lucas! I’m a junior. I was born in Wilmington DE then moved to Tacoma, WA for high school. I moved to California for two years to play junior college football and now play wide receiver on the football team here at Bethel. I am majoring in physical education with a minor in teaching and an emphasis in coaching. I want to coach and mentor kids in the future. This is my first year as A CA and I look forward to meeting all of you.
- Adam Kauth
- I am a business major and math minor from Iola Kansas. I am a sophomore and this is my second year at Bethel College. I am a wide receiver for the football team and I do the 110 meter high hurdles, 400 meter intermede hurdles and the 4x400 meter relay for the track tema. I am a sophomore student senator in Student Government Association, a member of the fishing club, and in car club. I love being outdoors hunting, fishing, and any sport are what you can find me doing. I love God and put Him first in everything I do.
- Rickey Rodriguez
- I’m going into my second year of being a Thresher! My current classification is a sophomore and my intended major is nursing. I am also a cornerback for Bethel football. My family is everything. Although I’m from Port Saint Lucie, FL, I still remain close with my family. If you are ever feeling homesick, I can relate since I am from Florida, so come by even if you’re not. You can still come by and talk.
- Julia Campfield
- I am Julia Campfield and this is my third year at Bethel. I am majoring in mathematics and receiving my secondary education licensing. I am a Thresher Cheerleader and this is my second year being a CA. Outside of bethel activities, I love to worship the Lord and watch lots of movies and YouTube.