The Clinical and Counseling Studies certificate improves your possibilities of obtaining relevant work after graduation (e.g., mental health technician or case management). The coursework also prepares you to continue in graduate programs in the helping professions.
Post-graduate careers include:
- Professional counseling
- Mental health workers
- Psychiatric research associates
- Michael Klein – ’03
- Michael is able to use his career counseling degree every day as an optometrist who must find the most effective way to communicate both good and bad news to his patients and their families.
- Sheena Walter – ’06
- Sheena entered the master’s program in professional counseling at Argosy University.
- Jennifer Ankney-Gundy – ’06
- Jennifer became a mental health worker with plans to go to graduate school in clinical psychology.