A degree in social work from Bethel College is a generalist degree, qualifying you for licensure and entry into a wide range of positions. Social work is perhaps the most versatile of the human services degrees.
Post-graduate careers include:
- Mental health and developmental disabilities
- Community organizing
- Private family and child welfare organizations
- Corrections with juvenile offenders and adult probation and parole
- Medical social work in hospitals
- Geriatric social work
- Mediation and conflict management
- Substance abuse treatment programs
- AIDS assistance programs
- Hospice social work
- Ruth Harder – ’01
- Ruth left Bethel with a social work degree but with plans for seminary. She earned her Master of Divinity degree from Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary and became an associate pastor at Bethel College Mennonite Church. In 2014, she accepted a job as lead pastor for Rainbow Mennonite Church in Kansas City, Kansas.