Harassment, Discrimination, & Sexual Misconduct Online Report Form
This online form may be completed by any member of the Bethel College community who has experienced or otherwise become aware of an incident that may constitute harassment, discrimination, sexual misconduct, retaliation, or any other violation of the Equal Opportunity, Harassment, & Non-Discrimination Policy and Procedures. Sexual misconduct incudes sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, and sexual harassment.
Filing a report with Bethel College does not constitute filing a police report.
When to submit a report:
- If you are unsure if you want to pursue an investigation at this time, but are interested in receiving supporting measures.
- If you are reporting actual or suspected misconduct that someone else experienced. All Bethel College employees, unless specifically identified as confidential resources, are Mandated Reporters and are thus obligated to report incidents disclosed to them or which they witness first-hand. But students and community members are also encouraged to report.
Reporting ensures that individuals have access to all of the available support services and options afforded to them by both law and policy. This also helps Bethel College identify and address any trends or systemic problems. Reporting harassment, discrimination, or sexual misconduct helps keep our campus community safe.
Respondent means an individual reported to be the perpetrator of conduct that could constitute harassment, discrimination, or sexual misconduct.
Note: If there is more than one offender please list additional information here.
Please provide a description of the incident*
I understand that in signing and submitting this report that:
- It will be sent directly to the Bethel College Title IX Coordinator and that the Title IX Coordinator may seek additional information from me related to the incident(s) detailed within this report.
- Bethel College will seek to contact the Complainant as a result of this report in order to ensure the Complainant’s access to all of the available support services and options afforded to them by both law and policy, including the right to file a formal complaint against the Respondent if so desired.
- Bethel College’s ability to remedy and respond to this report may be limited if the Complainant does not want Bethel College to proceed with a formal complaint (investigation and/or grievance process). The goal is to provide the Complainant with as much control over the process as possible, while balancing Bethel College’s obligation to protect its community.
- The information contained within the report is accurate based on the knowledge I have and is being provided in good faith.
- Any individual identified in this report cannot be retaliated against for participating in or refusing to participate in the Bethel College response and resolution processes.
- Filing a report with Bethel College does not constitute filing a report with local law enforcement.