Patrons may use interlibrary loan to supplement the collections of the college libraries. Use the links below to request library materials. Interlibrary Loans are meant only for personal study, scholarship, or research needs and may not be further distributed. Please note that the library will not request music CDs or items that are required texts for a Bethel College course. See Common Questions about Interlibrary Loan for more information.
Learn more about our Lending Policies to Other Libraries if you are a staff member of another library wishing to obtain items through interlibrary loan from Bethel College.
- Check our library holdings first. An article that is not available in one database may be full-text in another or we may own it in paper. Use Full Text Finder and our library catalog to search for journals and books available on site. Links to these and other resources are on the library home page.
- Use electronic request forms when possible.
- Kansas Library Catalog: Use the "Request This Item" button near the top of the page for any single title.
- EBSCOHost : Use the "Request Interlibrary Loan" link where full text is not available.
- WorldCat Click "Borrow this item from another library" (under Availability) or the ILL button at the top and fill out the request form online.
- For requests from other sources: Use the links below to our book or article request forms.
- While electronic requests are preferred, paper request forms are available at the ILL desk. Please provide complete personal identification for each item you request. Place your request in the top wire basket on the ILL desk for processing.
- Do not procrastinate. On average, it takes a week for ILL books or videos to arrive at our library (articles often arrive more quickly). Requests are not processed on weekends or holidays. Plan ahead!
- Library Catalog
- Search for materials owned by the college library and Mennonite Library and Archives. Course Reserve materials are searchable in Voyager by instructor name, name of class and academic department.
- Credo Reference
- more than 70,000 academic electronic books
- Kansas Library Catalog
- catalog of books owned by Kansas libraries
- catalog of books and other materials worldwide
- Full Text Finder
- helps locate full-text; search by journal title
- Digital Book eLending
- audio books and eBooks from Kansas State Library