Patrons may use interlibrary loan to supplement the collections of the college libraries. Use the links below to request library materials. Interlibrary Loans are meant only for personal study, scholarship, or research needs and may not be further distributed. Please note that the library will not request music CDs or items that are required texts for a Bethel College course. See Common Questions about Interlibrary Loan for more information.
Learn more about our Lending Policies to Other Libraries if you are a staff member of another library wishing to obtain items through interlibrary loan from Bethel College.
- Check our library holdings first. An article that is not available in one database may be full-text in another or we may own it in paper. Use Full Text Finder and our library catalog to search for journals and books available on site. Links to these and other resources are on the library home page.
- Use electronic request forms when possible.
- Kansas Library Catalog: Use the "Request" button to place a request. Make sure you are requesting the format you would like to receive (e.g. Book, AudioBook, etc.)
- EBSCOHost : Use the "Request Interlibrary Loan" link if full text is not available.
- WorldCat: Click "Borrow this item from another library" (under Availability) or the ILL button at the top and fill out the request form online.
- For requests from other sources, please use the links to the ILL Request Forms found below.
- While electronic requests are preferred, paper request forms are available at the ILL desk. Please provide your name and contact information for each item you request. Place the request form in the top wire basket on the ILL desk for processing.
- Plan ahead when requesting materials, as the average time required to obtain materials is about one week and sometimes longer depending on format and availability of an item.
ILL Request Forms
For more information about interlibrary loan or for assistance submitting an ILL request, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 316-284-5303.