BCAPA Dance Program
BCAPA’s Department of Dance offers creative movement, pre-ballet, ballet, modern, jazz, tap, Irish and ballroom dance classes for all ages in a safe and caring environment where students can grow as dancers and enhance the rest of their lives. We emphasize age-appropriate and careful technique training that provides the students with a strong foundation. We share our love and joy of dance with all who join us for classes and performances. Exploration and creativity to achieve goals is key to the success of any student.
Students are invited to join our performance ensembles to further their performance experience. There are ensembles available in various dance forms and for many technique levels. Ensembles meet weekly with increased rehearsal time in the three weeks before performances. All rehearsals for the concerts are scheduled separately from technique classes in order to maintain the highest quality of dance instruction for all students.
Special performance opportunities often arise during the year. All students will be notified and invited to participate. These are usually free and involve the community. Examples of past experiences include Taste of Newton; Bethel College Fall Festival; Newton Downtown Parade of Lights; and Kansas Sampler Festival. Each experience is unique and has its own schedule.
- Danika Bielek (Director) - Pre-Ballet, Ballet, Pointe, Modern Dance, Jazz Dance, Adult Ballet, Co-Directs Dance Companies, Rhythm Connections for PD (Parkinson’s Disease)
- Resa-Marie Davenport - Ballet & Tap
- Molly Flavin- Jazz Dance
- Haylie Heatwole (Assistant to Director)- Ballet, Pre-Pointe, Modern Dance, Tap, Co-Directs Dance Companies
- Paige Kliewer-McClellan - Ballet, Belly Dance, Body Conditioning, Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet, & Belly Dance
- Noreen Northrop – Traditional Irish Dance (soft & hard shoe)
- Emily Schulze – Ballet, Pointe, Jazz Dance, Modern Dance, Tricks & Turns
- Adriana Somerville - Jazz Dance & Tap
- Deiondre Teagle- Hip Hop