September 11th, 2017
NORTH NEWTON, KAN. – Work by 57 Bethel College students is now on display through April 22 in the Regier Gallery inside Luyken Fine Arts Center.
The annual Student Art Exhibit showcases work from all students who take art classes, whether or not they are art majors.
On display is work from classes in both fall 2015 and spring 2016, from a variety of academic disciplines, in media including drawing, photography, painting, ceramics, sculpture, artist books and jewelry.
There will be a reception April 21, 6–8 p.m., in the area just outside the gallery.
Student artists from the local area are:
- Chelsea Crowl, Sedgwick
- Erin Doerksen, Newton
- Anna Grimsley, Hesston
- Bethany Hamill, Newton
- Jesse Kaufman, Newton
- Erik Long, Newton
- Thomas Miller, Newton
- Kaylie Penner, Moundridge
- Cameron Pickens, North Newton
- Matthew Rodenberg, Halstead
- Liz Schrag, Newton
- Rachel Shogren, Hesston
- Allie Shoup, Newton
- Braden Unruh, Goessel
- Kiley Varney, Hesston
- Jasmine Wann, McPherson
- Veronica Ziegler, Hesston.
Wichita-area student artists are:
- Chloe Bequillard, Valley Center
- Heather Eddy, Park City
- Caitlyn Grant, Wichita
- Garrett Lindley, Goddard
- Gretchen Maddox, Wichita
- Zane McHugh, Wichita
- Brianna Newport, Haysville
- Taylor Semisch, Andover
- Hannah Storck, Wichita
Other students exhibiting are:
- Jesus Alba, Dallas
- Erik Arias, Salina
- Ethan Birdwell, Moore, Oklahoma
- Sondra Buller, Aurora, Nebraska
- Xi Cheng, Jinhua, China
- Austin Coulter, Pretty Prairie
- RayJon Craig, Aurora, Colorado
- Jacey Crowther, Gypsum
- Seda Demirkaya, Haan, Germany
- Suzy Ewy, Parlier, California
- Kate Fry, Milford, Nebraska
- Lily Funk, Olathe
- DrewAnne Gatlin, Broadus, Montana
- Da’Ron Gillis, Balch Springs, Texas
- Matthew Graber, Freeman, South Dakota
- Bryce Hostetler, Dodge City
- Jeffery Jacobs, Grand Prairie, Texas
- Maya Kathrineberg, Salina
- Claire McStravick, Dallas
- SkyLa O’Neal, Independence, Missouri
- Abby Phillips, Maple Hill
- Ryne Preheim, Reedley, California
- Calen Rupp, Holcomb
- Karlie Schroeder, Buda, Texas
- Tara Schwartz, Pretty Prairie
- Chris Soosalu, Ottawa, Ontario
- Meredith Stone, Clovis, California
- Jaime Tschetter, Freeman, South Dakota
- Aybegüm Unal, Germany
- Natalie Unruh, Clay Center
- Lauren Woodward, Highlands Ranch, Colorado.
The gallery is located inside the Luyken Fine Arts Center on the Bethel campus. Regular hours are Mon.–Fri., 9 a.m.–5 p.m., and Sunday, 2–4 p.m. There is no admission charge.
Bethel art faculty are David Long, professor of art, and Rachel Epp Buller, assistant professor of visual art and design.
The final exhibit for this school year will be the annual senior art exhibit, April 29–May 22, showcasing work that graduating art majors have developed during their junior and senior years. The reception for the senior exhibit will be May 20, during commencement weekend.
Bethel College is the only private, liberal arts college in Kansas listed in the 2015–16 Forbes.com analysis of top colleges and universities in the United States, and is the highest-ranked Kansas college in the Washington Monthly annual college guide for 2015–16. The four-year liberal arts college is affiliated with Mennonite Church USA. For more information, see www.bethelks.edu.
Bethel College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, parental or marital status, gender identity, gender expression, medical or genetic information, ethnic or national origins, citizenship status, veteran or military status or disability. E-mail questions to TitleIXCoordinator@bethelks.edu.