The mission of the Office of Alumni Relations is to renew or enhance already existing relationships of alumni — near and far, and of various ages and interests — with the college and among each other, so that they support the institution by volunteering, praying, giving, and encouraging students to attend, even as these alumni benefit by networking and supporting each other.
In support of that mission, a 25-member Alumni Council represents the Alumni Association, advises alumni office staff and implements special projects and programs to support the college. Members serve three-year terms and may renew for a second term. In addition, Alumni Association representatives to the Board of Directors also serve on the Alumni Council.
The council holds six meetings during the year — in August, September, November, January, March and April. In October, members participate in Fall Festival. In February, they conduct an annual fund-raising phonathon. In June, members help with Alumni Weekend. A picnic for those who are new, returning or leaving is also held in June. No meetings are held in July and December.
Through various committees, the Alumni Council:
- facilitates class reunions
- runs golf tournaments
- raises money at Fall Festival
- supports the Student Alumni Association
- Peter Wintermote ’12, Newton (chair)
- Graham Unruh ’11, Wichita (secretary)
- Michelle (Kaufman) Classen ’14, Newton
- Sean Classen ’13, Newton
- Maureen Entz ’89, Newton
- Scott Erb ’86, Newton
- Laird Goertzen ’16, Davis, Calif.
- Ben Lichti ’03, Newton
- Gary Lyndaker ’68, Goessel, Kan.
- Elizabeth Ratzlaff ’19, Moundridge, Kan.
- Austin Regier ’18, Moundridge
- Ariel (Silva) Smith ’14, Newton
Alumni Association representatives to the Board of Directors
- Blair Loganbill ’80, Hesston, Kan.
- Lori Schmidt-Harrison ’87, Sherman Oaks, Calif.