Serve in the surrounding community as part of your educational experience, earning scholarship dollars and job experience.
- $5,500 renewable award
- 5 hours volunteering per week
- Recommended by your admissions counselor
- Must have visited campus
- Priority goes to first-time freshmen not receiving other performance awards.
Choose a service placement based on your career interest, hobbies and/or strengths. Commit five hours per week each semester to an area non-profit agency. You’ll be eligible to renew the scholarship for up to four years.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Harvey County
- Caring Hands Humane Society, Newton
- Communities in Schools
- The Etcetera Shop, Newton
- Harvey County Health Department
- Harvey County United Way
- Head Start Newton
- Health Ministries Clinic, Newton
- Kauffman Museum, North Newton
- Kidron Bethel Village, North Newton
- Life Point Church, Valley Center
- Mennonite Central Committee Central States Office, North Newton
- Newton Medical Center
- Newton Public Library
- United Methodist Youthville, Newton
- USD 373, Newton School District