The First-Generation Scholarship program is designed to make a Bethel College education affordable to a wider range of deserving applicants. These scholarships are only available to students who don’t plan to play a sport in college. Athletes are encouraged to speak with the coaching staff about athletic scholarships. There are two different scholarships available to students.
Level 1 First-Generation Scholarship
- Full-tuition scholarship
- Recipients must live on-campus
- Only 20 available
Level 2 First-Generation Scholarship
- 75% tuition Scholarship
- Recipients can live off campus
What are the Criteria?
- Only high school applicants are considered; not transfers
- Completed FAFSA
- Parents don't have a bachelor's (4-year) degree
- Live in Kansas or attend a Mennonite high school
- A high school cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher
What's the process?
- Complete your Bethel admission — including the application and transcript requirements
- Send your FAFSA to Bethel, after Oct. 1 — Bethel’s code is 001905
- Submit your scholarship application
- Interview with the committee
If you have questions, contact Eric Preheim ‘16, Associate Director for Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org