Bethel College is committed to providing an affordable education to all students. Loans and loan debt can be barriers to education for some. In order to minimize out-of-pocket costs for students, we build a financial aid package based on the individual. All students receive an academic scholarship and an additional scholarship from Bethel.
We believe the first jobs after graduation are often what sets a career in motion. Receiving the Career Choice Commitment—Loan Assistance Repayment Program (LRAP) means less pressure for the selection of that job to be focused on loan repayment, and more freedom for it to be focused on career development.
We want you to be free to pursue your career of choice after graduation without student loans standing in your way. Whether you’ve chosen a career path that positively contributes to society, but only earns a modest salary, or you’ve yet to secure a rewarding position in an industry of interest, we want our graduates to succeed, both personally and professionally after graduation.
- If offered, the Career Choice Commitment will serve as a loan repayment safety net offered through Bethel to students at no cost to you or your family
- Once employed after graduating from Bethel, if you earn less than $45,000 per year, we’ll help repay your loans until you make more than $45,000 or until your loans are paid off.
- Any admitted student, starting at Bethel in the fall of 2021, who completes the CCC application form and deposits before May 1, 2021 is eligible for consideration
- We know there are many great candidates and we’ll notify 30 students of their offer of the Career Choice Commitment by May 3, 2021
- If you have not already applied to Bethel you may do so here. You may also schedule a visit or request more information.
In order to receive loan repayments, offered students must:
- Graduate from Bethel
- Start working an average of 30+ hours per week
- Begin making loan payments
Bethel College invests in you to offer this at no cost to you or your family.
There’s no catch. There are several stipulations that include: you must sign the contract (you’ll receive via email, if offered), you must take out (a) loan(s), you must graduate from Bethel College within 6 years, you must be employed at least .75 FTE within 18 months of graduation.
Any awarded student, starting at Bethel in the fall of 2022, who completes the CCC application form before Feb. 1, 2022 is eligible for early consideration.
We’ll notify applicants of our decision by Feb. 2, 2022
If offered the CCC early, students must pay their deposit by Feb. 5 to lock in their place.
“This will help me in the future for sure... I was scared of having debt after college and having to pay my debt off on my own. Now with LRAP, I feel better about my future.” - Career Choice Commitment recipient, Class of 2024