Performance & Departmental Awards: Visual Arts
The Department of Art offers annual scholarships to promising high school art students considering Bethel College. We base scholarships on an evaluated art portfolio that the applicant submits.
Specific requirements and procedures for submitting a portfolio
- Contents: Ideally, a minimum of four drawings in any wet or dry media and a minimum of four additional works in other media of your choice. If you do not have drawings, you may substitute other media.
- Work should have been created within the past two years.
- You may show three-dimensional pieces with photographs or slides. We prefer more than one image, giving two or more viewpoints of a piece. You may also show two-dimensional works with photographs or slides if you will not be making a campus visit.
- Portfolios can be shipped or hand delivered. Ship your portfolio in sturdy, reusable packing. It will be returned postage prepaid.
- We make decisions on scholarships as we receive portfolios. It is to your advantage to submit your portfolio early.
Scholarships cannot be awarded before the Admissions Office has received your application for admission to Bethel College.
For more information, or to send or deliver a portfolio, contact your admissions counselor or the Department of Art.