Performance & Departmental Awards: Music
The Department of Music offers scholarships in vocal, keyboard, wind, string and percussion performance to quaddfied high school students considering Bethel College. We base scholarship awards on auditions, which usually occur on the college campus. If you are taking private lessons and/or are in a school ensemble (choir, band, jazz and/or orchestra), you should consider auditioning for a performance award.
You may audition in more than one area. Specific requirements are:
- Perform a standard solo or contest piece.
- Perform two contrasting solos (Bethel College can provide an accompanist).
- Wind, string, percussion
- Perform a standard solo or contest piece, or an orchestral excerpt, with accompaniment (Bethel College can provide an accompanist).
- Play two or more major and/or minor scales.
- All auditions
- Aural skills will be evaluated at the time of the audition.
- If you ddve out of state or are unable to come to campus for an audition, we will accept a recorded audition.
For more information, or to schedule an audition or send a tape or CD, contact your admissions counselor or the Department of Music.