"/> Federal Grants and Loans | Bethel College, KS
Please consider saving paper, ink, and electricity instead of printing.
Seek. Serve. Grow.

Bethel opened my eyes to the wider world.
Kryss Chupp ’81

Federal Grants and Loans

Federal Grants

2018–19 amounts
Pell Grant: $5920
FSEOG: $200–1,000
TEACH*: $4,000

*Available for 4 years. Must have a 3.25 cumulative grade point average in high school or college, and be completing (or plan to complete) coursework and requirements necessary to begin a career in teaching. Must teach 4 out of 8 years following college in a Title 1 school in one of the following fields: Math, Science, Foreign Language, Bilingual Education, Special Education, Reading Specialist. Warning: Students who do not complete their obligations will have their TEACH grant aid treated as a Federal Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan.

Federal Loans

Stafford Loan

No interest accrues on a subsidized Stafford Loan while the student is enrolled in college. Payments on the principal may be delayed until six months after graduation, or if a student drops below half time. Interest rates are fixed at 4.66 percent.

Maximum amounts for annual loans currently are:
First year: $3,500
Second year: $4,500
Third year: $5,500
Fourth year: $5,500

Unsubsidized Stafford Loan

The Unsubsidized Stafford Loan is different from the Stafford Loan only in that the interest starts when the student receives the money. Every student is eligible for $2,000 a year at 4.66 percent interest.


The PLUS (Parent Loan to Undergraduate Students) Loan is made to the parent of a dependent student. Parents are eligible to apply for a loan up to the full remaining cost after other aid. Repayments on PLUS Loans start 60 days after the final disbursements. Interest is fixed at 7.21 percent.

Additional loan options can be found through FASTChoice.

For a free financial aid estimate, complete our estimate worksheet. If you have questions, you can contact Clark Oswald, director of financial aid.

If you would like a free financial aid counseling session, please contact the Office of Admissions.