The Bible in Congregation and College
- The Bible as Canon: God’s Word and the Community’s Book — Patricia Shelly
- Anabaptists and the Bible: From Sola Scriptura to Solus Christus — Dale Schrag
- The Daniel Explosion of 1916: Bethel’s First Bible Crisis — James Juhnke
- Biblical Authority: The Contemporary Theological Debate — Duane Friesen
Living in End Times: The Revelation of John
William Klassen, University of Toronto
- Meeting the All-Powerful One — A Renewal of Perspective (Revelation 4)
- The Lamb That Was Slain — An Invitation to Powerlessness (Revelation 5)
- When Things Go Frightfully Wrong: The Vengeance of the Lamb — The Perspective of Justice (Revelation 6)
- The Victory of Those Who Follow the Lamb (Revelation 12:10-12)
- The Last War and the Purpose of History (Revelation 19:11-16; 21:1-8)
Harbingers: Contemporary Images of Resurrection
LeRoy Friesen, Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary, Elkhart, Ind.
- Death/Resurrection: The Gestation of a Worldview
- My Son! My Son! A Struggle for Easter at Home
- Central America: The Stigmata of God
- Vincent van Gogh: Starry Night through the Bars
- The Church: Harbinger of God’s Mended Creation?
The Early Church and the Apocryphal Acts of the Apostles
Denns MacDonald, Iliff School of Theology, Denver
- The Forgotten Novels of the Early Church
- The Pastoral Epistles against Old Wives’ Tales
- St. Andrew and the Ant People
- Andrew, the New Odysseus
- The Apostles as Folkheroes
Two Bodies, One Bible: Women, Men and the Word of God
Gayle Gerber Koontz, Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary, Elkhart, Ind.
- A Whole New World: Gender and the Interpretation of the Bible
- Men and Women as Strangers: The Bible as Mirror
- Different Sins: Women, Men and the Meaning of Conversion
- Men and Women as Friends: The Bible as Window
- Walking in the Light: The Power of God’s Word in the Body of Christ
Christian Hope in a Nuclear Age
Donald B. Kraybill, Elizabethtown (Pa.) College
- The Roots of Despair
- The Varieties of Hope
- The Scandal of Biblical Hope
- The Promise of Christian Hope
- The Agenda of Hopeful Living
Simplicity and Ambiguity: The Janus of Biblical Faith
Walter Klaassen, University of Waterloo (Ontario)
- How Can Saul Be King When Yahweh is God?
- How Can Yahweh Be King When Baal is God?
- How Can Yahweh Be King When Babylon Rules the World?
- How Can God be King When Jesus is Lord?
The Bible in Today’s World
Robert Bratcher, United Bible Societies
- The Paradox of the Bible
- Many Books, One Book
- God’s Word, Human Words
- In All Languages
Love Commands in the New Testament — Covenant, Community and Ethical Obligation
Pheme Perkins, Boston College
- Jesus Loves Commands: Matthew 5:43-48 and Mark 12:28-34
- Parables of Love: The Good Samaritan and the Prodigal Son
- Love and the Christ Conscience: 1 Corinthians 8:10
- Love and Christ Freedom: Galatians, Romans, James, 1 Peter
- God as Love: The Johannine Tradition
The Bible Speaks
Willard M. Swartley, Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary, Elkhart, Ind.
- Inductive-Expository Use of the Bible: Mark 6:30-8:27
- Using the Bible for Moral Issues: Case Analyses: Slavery and Role of Women
- The Book Study Approach: The Gospel of Mark
- The Thematic Sermonic Use of the Bible: Peacemaking
- The Multi-Use of the Bible: The Love-Command