Teacher Education Outcomes
When you graduate from Bethel with an elementary education major or your teacher licensure in another area, you take with you not only your degree but also Bethel’s reputation for educating excellent teachers.
Many of our graduates have received local, state and national teaching awards. At Bethel, you get the high-quality, specialized instruction available at large universities with the academic and lifestyle advantages of a small college.
Many Bethel College education graduates score 20 points over the “cut” score on the Principles of Learning and Teaching exam, the national teaching certification test. As a result, Bethel graduates are in great demand – some school systems even maintain a “standing order” for them.
Post-graduate careers include:
- Tutoring (e.g., Sylvan Learning Center, teaching English as a second language)
- Classroom teaching in public and private school systems of all sizes
- Administration (e.g., principal, assistant principal, superintendent)
- School counseling
- Preschool and early childhood services
- Camp counseling and camp directing
- Special education, including Adapted Physical Education
- Youth pastoring
- Reading specialties
- Bilingual education
- Josh Chittum – ’04
- Josh has used his teacher education degree from Bethel to become a children’s program coordinator for a company that helps find housing for those with fewer resources.