Are you interested in other peoples and cultures?
Are you interested in living, working and/or studying abroad?
Would you like to expand your view of the world?
If you answered si to any of these questions, you could be well-suited for the professional and personal possibilities available to Spanish minors.*
Spanish classes focus on the Spanish language and on the culture of the Hispanic peoples of the world. Both of these areas are enhanced by, and supportive of, the various other liberal arts. In order to understand, appreciate and fully engage the Hispanic world both linguistically and socially, it is crucial for you to see the complex interplay of these disciplines in both the language system and the cultural realities behind that system.
Language proficiency can be enhanced through study abroad. Students have returned from overseas study with firsthand experiences in the Spanish language and another culture, with skills honed by round-the-clock immersion and a visible increase in self-confidence.
* In addition to German and Spanish, Bethel’s language department also offers classes – but no degree – in New Testament Greek and Mandarin Chinese.
- B.A. Augustana College 1981
- M.A. University of Illinois 1984
- Ph.D. University of Illinois 1988
- A.A. Hesston College 1968
- B.A. Tabor College 1970
- M.A. University of Iowa 1975
- D.A. State University of New York at Stony Brook 1995