Coursework for Mathematical Sciences
Bethel College and Tabor College in Hillsboro, Kansas, cooperate in the mathematical sciences, sharing some upper-level courses that are taught on one or the other campus, depending on student needs and numbers.
- Major requirements for Mathematical Sciences:
- 40 hours (12 upper-level).
- Major requirements for Mathematical Sciences teacher licensure:
- 39 hours including 3-credit-hour Methods for Teaching Mathematical Sciences in the Secondary School plus completion of General Education requirements for teacher licensure and professional education requirements.
- Minor requirements for Mathematical Sciences:
- 16 hours (must include some calculus).
A Natural Sciences major is an option if you do not want to commit to a single field of science. This major is available only by request at the end of the sophomore year and must be approved by the department chair. You must complete at least 18 hours in one of the sponsoring departments (athletic training, biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics and psychology); 18 hours must be upper-level from the departments listed.