Do you like both sports and science?
Do you enjoy solving problems, especially when they relate to why a physical problem occurs and what to do about it?
Do you like to work with people, and have plenty of patience and compassion?
If the answer to these questions is yes, athletic training might be a major for you to consider.
Strengths of Bethel’s athletic training education program include:
- Comparable course requirements that allow a double major with health and physical education; the program also overlaps well with teacher education, biology, pre-medical studies and pre-allied health studies (for example, physical therapy)
- Working with and learning from at least six different certified athletic trainers
- A low student-to-clinical instructor ratio
- A high pass rate on the national certification exam
- A 100 percent job placement rate for Bethel athletic training graduates in their first year after certification
In addition to time spent with a number of certified athletic trainers and other health-care professionals, your practical experience can include working with a Bethel College athletic team (particularly basketball, football, soccer and/or volleyball) and/or Newton High School or Hesston College teams. You will have the opportunity to do rotations with physical therapists, general practitioners (medical doctors), physician assistants or EMS workers.
The Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education accredited Bethel’s athletic training education program in 2004. Graduation from a CAATE-accredited program grants eligibility for the Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer exam.
For more information, see:
- Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer
- Mid-America Athletic Trainers’ Association
- Kansas Athletic Trainers Society
Athletic Training Faculty
- A.A. Hesston College 1999
- B.A. Bethel College 2001
- M.Ed.-Sport Administration Wichita State University 2006
- BA- Exercise Science Wichita State University 2011
- BA- Athletic Training Wichita State University 2012
- MS- College Student Development Kansas State University 2014