Connect to your purpose through Bethel’s distinctive liberal arts education.
You have countless reasons to make Bethel your top college choice (and to be proud as an alumnus) – as numerous national rankings confirm. Here are just a few off the top of our head.
Academic Excellence: Top-notch academic preparation in an array of majors with the ability to craft a major tailored to your own interests and passions
- 1,891 possible majors when you partner with two faculty advisers and design your own iMajor
- 43+ areas of study
- only Kansas college ranked for producing cutting-edge scholars – Washington Monthly
Caring Community: Inclusive, welcoming faith-based community whose members will walk alongside you, encouraging you to thrive just as you are and to approach the world with an attitude of service and social justice
- 10:1 student-faculty ratio
- 425+ service opportunities available
- Only Kansas college ranked for encouraging students to give something back to their community and country – Washington Monthly
Hands-on Learning: Breadth of quality opportunities, including undergraduate research, service learning and internships, providing you real-life experiences while building your confidence – and your resume
- 100% of Bethel students put their knowledge into action through internships, research and/or public performance.
- 2/3 of responding Bethel graduates completed an internship, 2016
- Research posters regularly chosen for presentation at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR)
Post-graduate Success: Master the skill sets – communication, conflict resolution, critical thinking and writing – desired by employers and graduate schools, combined with the heart and ingenuity to effect positive change in the world.
- 100% of Bethel students complete Peace, Justice & Conflict Studies coursework.
- 97% of responding graduates were employed within a year of graduation, 2016
- #1 private college in Kansas in number of graduates going on to earn a Ph.D., 2015
National reputation: Return on investment. Contribution to the public good. Liberal arts education. These are just some of the reasons Bethel consistently achieves national recognition.
- Only Kansas private college ranked based on return on investment and ahead of Wichita’s public university – Forbes.com 2017
- 1 of 4 private Kansas colleges recognized in the President’s Higher Education Community Service honor roll
- Only Kansas college National Liberal Arts Colleges category – US News & World Report, 2017-18