The Head Men’s and Women’s Swim Coach is a full time, 12-month appointment with benefits and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Bethel College men’s and women’s swimming program within the guidelines set forth by Bethel College, the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference (KCAC) and the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA). The position reports directly to the Athletic Director.
Full-time; salaried, exempt
- Identify, evaluate and recruit eligible swim student-athletes.
- Maintain a full roster of eligible student-athletes.
- Advise and counsel student-athletes academically, athletically and socially.
- Manage the swim team budget.
- Schedule practice, games, and make travel arrangements.
- Purchase and maintain swimming-related equipment.
- Support the mission and vision of the College.
- Perform other duties as determined by the Director of Athletics
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree and collegiate level coaching experience is preferred. A proven record of recruiting is desired.
Must have strong team-building/management skills. Ability to work across academic and administrative departments in a cooperative manner. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to coordinate collaborative efforts. Demonstrated experience in program development, management, and leadership. Ability to interact with members of the public and media. Ability to supervise staff as well as understand the student’s commitment to academics.
This position is physically demanding and may require heavy lifting.
A review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The successful candidate must pass a security background check prior to employment.
Please complete a Bethel College application and upload a resume, transcripts, and cover letter including any experience and/or contributions with diversity, equity, and inclusion. Questions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until the position is filled.