Bethel College seeks a Head Men’s/Women’s Tennis Coach. This Full-Time, 12-month position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the program within the guidelines set forth by Bethel College, the KCAC and NAIA.
- Hire and evaluate assistant coaches.
- Identify, evaluate and recruit student-athletes.
- Manage tennis budget.
- Schedule practice, matches and travel arrangements.
- Knowledge of KCAC and NAIA sport guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- Collegiate level coaching preferred
Tenure-track Psychology Faculty
Bethel College invites applications for a tenure-track position in psychology, beginning August 2019. The successful candidate must provide evidence of excellence in teaching and in research as well as a commitment to mentoring undergraduate research in a liberal arts setting. Teaching responsibilities include courses in introductory psychology, neuropsychology and social psychology, as well as applied statistics. In addition, candidates should have experience with online teaching and willingness to develop online courses. A Ph.D. in hand is preferred, but ABD will be considered. Non-teaching duties will include student recruitment visits, retention, academic advising and participation in committee work.
Bethel College is a four-year, private, primarily residential liberal arts college affiliated with Mennonite Church USA. Applicants should be in sympathy with an academic community that values the pursuit of authentic faith, critical inquiry, peace-making, social justice, cross-cultural learning and service.
Bethel College does not discriminate or permit discrimination by any member of its community against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, marital status, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by law in matters of admissions, employment, housing or services or in the educational programs or activities it operates. Harassment, whether verbal, physical or visual, that is based on any of these characteristics is a form of discrimination.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy, graduate transcripts, an application, and three letters of reference with contact information including e-mail address to: Denise Krase, Assistant to the Vice President of Academic Affairs, Office for Academic Affairs, Bethel College, 300 E. 27th Street, N. Newton, KS 67117 or via e-mail, to Human Resources. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled, with priority given to applications received by October 15, 2018.
Back End Web Developer
Bethel College seeks a Back-End Web Developer to ensure the Bethel College family of internal and external websites accurately collects, stores and delivers content through the use of scripts, reporting tools and database interfaces.
The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in an information-technology related field or 4 years equivalent experience. They will have knowledge of and proper hands-on experience with both front and back-end languages such as HTML, PHP and SQL.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and manage web tools that feature intuitive user interactions and navigation to enable faculty and staff to work efficiently
- Interface web applications/forms using various methods (including scripts and data queries) with back-end databases and reporting tools
- Integrate and administer various back-end systems and databases, maintaining related servers and services as appropriate
- Interact with personnel across the campus spectrum, including the IMS team, ensuring prompt communication to keep clients and colleagues informed of project progress
- Bachelor’s degree or equal, relevant experience
- Experience in systems and network administration
Please complete an online application and submit a cover letter, resume and minimum of three reference contacts to Human Resources. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 4, until filled. EOE/AA
Bethel College seeks a Development Officer to lead the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive annual giving program, including the coordination and support of initiatives in the areas of planned giving, development services, and alumni and church relations.
A successful candidate will demonstrate strong interpersonal and relational skills. They will be comfortable requesting gifts on behalf of Bethel College and will have an understanding of the confidentiality associated with fundraising.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage the Bethel College Fund
- Provide fundraising support to Institutional Advancement (campaign, endowment, phonathon)
- Nurture a portfolio of current donors
- Identify and cultivate a portfolio of prospective donors
- Develop and maintain a close working relationship with the philanthropic community
- Function as an active and supportive member of the advancement team and college community
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in development or related area
- CFRE certification
Please complete an online application and submit a cover letter, resume and minimum of three reference contacts to Human Resources. Applications will be reviewed beginning August 24 until filled. EOE/AA