- Multimedia Coordinator
- Bethel College Academy of Performing Arts Executive Director
- Kauffman Museum Director
- Administrative Assistant
Bethel College seeks an organized, self-directed candidate to serve as Multimedia Coordinator, reporting to the Vice President for Marketing and Communications.
This full-time position will provide creative vision, organization and action toward capturing video and producing clips, with priority given to clips that best illustrate to prospective students Bethel College’s unique qualities, for use on institutional websites, in e-mail blasts and in social media. This includes producing event highlight clips and topic-oriented features, television commercials, capturing still photos of impromptu campus events, maintaining the photo and video postings on the Bethel website and posting content on official Bethel social media. See full job description for details.
Interested candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in broadcast journalism, marketing, public relations, photography or related field. Previous experience desired. Ability to discern appropriate content for the intended audience in accordance with Bethel mission and values necessary, along with a proficiency in professional editing software.
If interested, please send a Bethel College Employment Application, cover letter, resume, references and links to video portfolio via email to: Lori Livengood, Vice-President for Marketing and Communications, Bethel College, 300 E. 27th Street, North Newton, KS 67117. Desired start date: August 10. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. EOE/AA.
Bethel College Academy of Performing Arts Executive Director
The Bethel College Academy of Performing Arts (BCAPA) seeks a full-time executive director. BCAPA is a non-profit collaborative school affiliated with Bethel College. The school serves the South Central Kansas community. Founded in 1996, BCAPA’s dance and music programs have grown to serve 250+ students of all ages and skill levels.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Experience in traditional and non-traditional fundraising in a non-profit setting. Strong writing and verbal skills. Desire to interact with people of all ages. Experience with administrative duties. See full job description for more details.
Start date: Duties begin August 1, 2018.
Contact: Please e-mail letter of interest, resume, and three references with contact information to: Bethel College Academy of Performing Arts
Deadline: Open until June 30, 2018.
Kauffman Museum Director
Kauffman Museum, North Newton, Kansas, seeks an interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial full-time director. Will lead a resourceful professional staff, committed board of directors and robust corps of volunteers at the Bethel College-affiliated museum that presents the Mennonite immigrant story in the context of the land and people of the Great Plains.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a record of collaborative communication while leading staff and working with board, volunteers, college faculty and staff, museum members, stakeholders and the broader community to frame a vision for change and growth that reflects the museum’s core values: sustainable stewardship, agile creativity, inclusive collaboration, authentic learning and service, and multigenerational hospitality.
- Administration of museum operations, fiscal affairs, grant writing, marketing, public relations and fund raising; management of strategic planning process
- Supervision of museum staff
- Project coordination of exhibitions and programs that engage the community, utilize and complement the museum’s collection to meet the museum’s mission
- Reports to Board of Directors
Required: Nonprofit or for-profit leadership experience
Preferred: Museum experience and/or appropriate teaching, library, business experience Minimum: Masters degree, post-graduate work in related field; terminal degree optional Kauffman Museum is an affiliate of Bethel College, a four-year liberal arts college affiliated with Mennonite Church USA. Director holds liaison relationship with the VP for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty.
Applications can be emailed to KMsearch@bethelks.edu, including the following:
- Curriculum vitae of resume that includes contact information for three references
- 500 word essay responding to the following: Considering Kauffman Museum’s core values, what unique skills, insights or experiences will you bring to our museum?
Reviews begin May 8 and continue until filled EOE/AA
BCAPA is accepting applications until May 10, 2018. Send resume and inquiries to email@example.com or call (316) 283-4902 (leave message!). Learn more about BCAPA at www.bcapaks.org.
Bethel College Academy of Performing Arts (BCAPA) is looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to support the day-to-day operations of the organization. The position involves managing the front desk, processing registration and billing, attending weekly meetings with program directors, basic custodial assistance, and other administrative activities as needed.
- Office management : responsible for filing, ordering office supplies, keeping phone lists up to date, displaying information for parents and customers, light cleaning, etc.
- Desk reception : acts as a first point of contact for customers and potential customers by greeting families, answering phone calls, and returning messages
- Managing financials : responsible for student registration, invoicing, collecting tuition payments, and overseeing daily operating budget
- Administrative duties : prepares and distributes semester schedules, special flyers, and other print material throughout the semester
- Website and Social Media : updates website and creates regular posts for BCAPA’s social media accounts (facebook, instagram)
- Board Meetings : attend monthly board meetings, record minutes, and distribute to board members within 7 days of meeting
- 1-3 years experience in administrative position required
- High School diploma preferred
- Experience working with young people preferred
- Familiarity with word processing, spreadsheets, and Google drive
- Physical demands - occasionally lift or carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Salary & Hours
$12,000 annual salary ($12.50/hr)
20 hrs/week part-time, Monday-Friday (afternoon and evening hours)
About the Organization
Bethel College Academy of Performing Arts (BCAPA) was founded when Bethel College and its surrounding community acted on a need to increase music instruction opportunities in the area. In 1996,BCAPA first opened its doors as the Academy of Music, a Suzuki School for string instruction that provided quality instruction to over 70 students. The organization renamed itself the Academy of Performing Arts when dance instruction was introduced in Fall 2004. Today, BCAPA serves more than 200 students from the Newton and Wichita metropolitan areas. BCAPA is an affiliate organization ofBethel College. We are financially independent but depend on fundraisers throughout the year to help keep our quality arts instruction at a competitive rate. Programming includes Academy Music lessons, Suzuki School of Music, Kindermusik, dance technique courses, pre-professional dance companies, adult programming, seasonal workshops, and more.