Position Openings at Bethel College
Coordinator of First-Year Success
The Coordinator of First-Year Success (FYS) has general responsibility for first year student development and transition initiatives. This is done in accordance with the institution’s mission and policies, including commitment to Bethel College’s Christian ethics and spiritual vitality. The Coordinator of FYS coordinates programs and services to support and enhance the general retention efforts of the College by working with students and campus/community stakeholders to provide support and create opportunities for positive interaction.
This position also provides leadership and management to Haury Hall, a residence hall designated for first-year students. By collaborating with the Coordinator of Residence Life, the Coordinator of FYS develops, maintains, and facilitates programs and initiatives focused on the academic success, personal growth, and diverse community of Haury Hall residents.
Job requirements & qualifications
- This is a 12-month, live-in position. A Bachelor’s degree and a valid driver’s license are required
- Preference will be given to candidates who have: experience working/living within a residence hall environment; experience working in student activities or student leadership; student or professional supervision and/or advising
- Experience working in an on-call duty rotation; managing students in crisis; student conduct administration; managing facilities; advising student organizations; training, selection, and recruiting efforts for student paraprofessionals desired
- Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Evening and weekend hours are required
- This position participates in an on-call emergency response rotation that may require additional hours outside of the standard work week
- This position requires a person with the ability to manage a daily schedule while often working numerous evening hours and being on-call 24 hours a day
- The employee may need to be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- The job may involve exposure to household cleaning materials and use of typical office equipment
- Ability to relocate personal residence to the residence hall apartment is required
- Use of a computer and some travel is required
Compensation & benefits
- A partially-furnished apartment, basic cable, an assigned parking space, access to the Bethel College internet, and full meal plan (when services are offered)
- Additional Bethel College full time employee benefits are also included
- Cover letter
- Three professional references (names, addresses and phone numbers)
- Application of Employment
Vice President for Admissions
Bethel College (North Newton, KS) invites applications for the position of Vice President for Admissions. The VP for Admissions serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
The successful candidate will lead and manage all aspects of the Admissions Office, and will have specific responsibilities for leading and managing student recruitment in a way fully integrated with student life, academic programs, business affairs, athletics, communications, and advancement.
Undergraduate degree is required, with an advanced degree strongly preferred. Demonstrated record of success in recruitment, admissions and other enrollment activities, ability to set goals, monitor performance, and hold team accountable for results and establishing relationships with individuals and organizations of influence both internal and external. Knowledge of best practices in admissions and recruiting and proven ability to motivate, influence and manage a diverse array of dedicated professionals, while emphasizing a high level of quality in all deliverables.
The projected compensation range for this position will be competitive and in accordance with the background and experience of the selected candidate. Compensation is supplemented by a comprehensive benefit package. Reasonable relocation assistance will be provided.
For more details see the complete job description.
Bethel College is a four-year, private, primarily residential liberal arts college affiliated with Mennonite Church USA. Applicants should be in sympathy with an academic community that values the pursuit of authentic faith, critical inquiry, peace-making, social justice, cross-cultural learning, and service.
Please send a Bethel College Employment Application, letter of introduction outlining the applicant’s background, and qualifications for the position, curriculum vita/resume, and contact information (including email addresses) for five professional references. All documents should be submitted electronically in PDF format to Rosa Barrera, Assistant to the President at email@example.com. Anticipated start date is July 1, 2015, or before. EOE/AA
Annual Fund Director
Bethel College seeks an Annual Fund Director. Responsibilities include identification, cultivation, and solicitation of donor prospects and work with the college’s annual funds.
- interpersonal, public presentation, organizational, and technology and donor database skills
- goal oriented
- ability to travel
- familiarity with Bethel constituency
- advocacy for Bethel
- experience in or closely related to development
- bachelor’s degree required
Submit resume, cover letter and three professional references to Pam Tieszen, Vice President for Advancement.
For more details, see the complete job description.