Looking for a Campus Job?
Here are the steps you need to take and what you need to know:
- If you are a new student or one who has not worked on campus before, your FIRST STEP is complete the required paperwork (Employment Application, Federal W-4, Kansas W-4 and I-9 forms).
- You must show Marla Krell, the director, the APPROPRIATE ID as detailed on the I-9 form such as a passport or a driver’s license AND a social security card or birth certificate. I am required by law to see the ORIGINALS no faxed or photocopies.
- Look over the jobs advertised on the career services web page
If you are interested in any of these positions please CONTACT THE SUPERVISOR to express interest in the position. You may also CONTACT ME to visit about the position. If you are hired you will be issued a STUDENT EMPLOYMENT AGREEMENT or
contractfrom the supervisor. (If your required paperwork is complete then I will sign off on the contract and you are ready to begin work.)
- The HIRING PROCESS is reflected in the following Expectations for On-Campus Student Employment. Please review these goals for improved Student Employment:
Bethel College student employees are expected to:
- Work according to the schedule outlined by the supervisor
- Be on time.
- Notify your supervisor as soon as possible if you are unable to work or need to change your work schedule.
- Perform work responsibilities and tasks effectively and efficiently as required by each supervisor.
- Focus on skill-building expectations detailed in the job description.
- Accurately report hours worked on the time sheets in increments of 15 minutes. For example, if one works from 8:55-10:40, this should be recorded as 9:00-10:45. (Deliberate falsification of hours worked will be cause for immediate dismissal.)
- Foster and maintain a positive working relationship with your supervisor and peers on the job.
- Clarify problems or misunderstandings as soon as possible.
If you have questions please call Marla Krell at ext. 326 or stop by Experiential Learning and Career Services, Academic Center #102.