Haury Hall, located on the south side of Bethel’s campus and the closest to all the action, houses our first-year college students. The building has three levels, each with two wings. Haury houses approximately 80 women on one floor separated into three wings and 80 men on two floors separated into three wings.
Haury Hall offers an at-home feel with a lounge area, laundry facility, kitchen and community style bathroom with individual shower stalls on each level. It is a very social residence hall and there is always something going on. The Hub lounge on the first (ground) floor is where many Residence Life activities take place. The Hub has a pool table, ping-pong table, cable TV, ice machine and vending machines. It is also a great place to study, offering a side lounge with tables and chairs.
Another popular feature of Haury Hall is the sun deck. This fenced-in deck allows students to catch some rays and is also a venue for hall functions throughout the year. The main floor lounge is a good place to gather with friends. Living in Haury feels much like living in a big house. Residents create a close family atmosphere, leaving you feeling as if you have multiple brothers and sisters.
Haury Hall has one professional staff member, the Resident Director (RD), who lives in the building. The RD also serves as the Coordinator of First-Year success and is responsible for aiding your transition to life as a Bethel College student. The RD is aided by six Community Assistants (CAs) students who facilitate programs and events for you to learn and grow in addition to serving as a mentor and resource.
Meet Your Resident Director
Paige Townley is originally from Western Pennsylvania, where she attended college at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP). While earning her degree in Elementary Education, Paige became involved in various organizations in Residence Life and began serving on various committees. In addition to her involvement in organizations, Paige worked as an Academic Peer Mentor and a Residence Assistant.
During her last two years at IUP, Paige worked at a regional campus designated for First-Year Students. Through these experiences, Paige was able to see the struggles and successes with students working through academics in Higher Education for the first time, building relationships, and transitioning to a new environment.
This will be Paige’s second year as a resident director at Bethel College, continuing to work with First-Year Students in Haury Hall, helping students to see themselves as successful adults and transition in to the college setting.
“I am so excited for all the amazing things taking place at Bethel College this year,” says Paige. “I know the students coming to Haury are going to be an awesome bunch and can’t wait to see the personality that each resident brings with them. Let’s get this year started!!!”
Meet your community assistants
- I am a senior from Galveston Island, Texas, majoring in Literary Studies, Communication Arts, and Speech & Theater Education. I am really active around campus. I am a defensive end for the football team and I also am a participating member of four clubs and organizations. I am the president of the Multicultural Student Union, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, and am a member-at-large in the Student Alumni Association. I love meeting and helping people from all walks of life which is the reason I decided to become a student tutor, Ambassador, and Chaplain. I also enjoy singing and acting in Bethel College Fine Arts Department. I love children and listening to rap and R&B music. This is my first year as a CA. I also love working out and jogging on the beach.
- I am a sophomore from Kansas City majoring in Biology and minoring in Bible & Religion. I love music, so you’ll usually find me with a cello or guitar in hand. I’m also involved in Cross Country, campus ministries, NAMI, and other miscellaneous activities on campus, so I can be a great resource if you’re looking to get involved! I want to help make your Bethel experience as enjoyable as possible, so feel free to ask questions and share any concerns with me, and if you just want to talk, I’m an open book.
- I am a sophomore from Wichita, KS. I am currently investigating the majors of Chemistry and Psychology and plan to get at least a minor in English. I love getting to know a wide variety of people, so it is likely you will see me around lots of different people! I also love to read, watch movies, and just chill with friends. I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and love going to church every Sunday. Life is full of choices, good and bad, and it is about the experience you get out of all your choices and how you let that shape your life, good or bad.
- I am a sophomore from Madera, CA majoring in Nursing. I play on the soccer team here at Bethel and am a part of the Disc Golf club. I enjoy the outdoors and hanging out with friends. This is my first year being a CA. My favorite music is Country and Rock.
- I’m going into my second year of being a Thresher! My current classification is a sophomore and my intended major is nursing. I am also a cornerback for Bethel football. My family is everything. Although I’m from Port Saint Lucie, FL, I still remain close with my family. If you are ever feeling homesick, I can relate since I am from Florida, so come by even if you’re not. You can still come by and talk.