Bethel College produces print and electronic communication pieces for a variety of audiences. For copies of print pieces, contact the Office of Institutional Communications. To receive the electronic newsletter, Thresher E-View, contact the Office of Alumni Relations.
In addition to the publications listed below, some academic departments produce their own periodicals. Please contact them directly to be added to their mailing lists.
- Bethel College’s online student-run creative journal with features in photography, poetry, short stories, drawings, prints and digital media. YAWP! accepts entries from Bethel College students, faculty, staff and alumni.
- Bethel College Annual Report
- Published once a year to recognize and thank donors, share stories of individuals’ generosity toward the college and offer photos and facts related to campus highlights from the previous fiscal year. Produced by the Offices of Advancement and Development.
- Blog: Beyond the Green
- Written by students to share a taste of Bethel in their own words.
- Church Relations Update
- Published three times a year, in electronic format only, by the Office of Church Relations to provide news on Church Relations activities. Pastors, church support staff members and interested church members are encouraged to print a copy to post on their church bulletin board.
- The Collegian
- The Bethel College student newspaper.
- Context Alumni Magazine
- Bethel’s alumni magazine, with news and photos about students, faculty, staff, activities, upcoming events and institutional developments. Includes “Class Notes,” news about alumni, organized by class year. Produced cooperatively by the Offices of Institutional Communications, Alumni Relations and Advancement.
- Mennonite Life
- Mennonite Life is now an illustrated online annual published by Bethel College that is devoted to exploring and developing Mennonite experience.
- Thresher E-View
- Electronic newsletter e-mailed monthly to update alumni and friends with the latest news and events at Bethel. Produced by the Office of Alumni Relations for the Alumni Association.
- C. H. Wedel Series
- The Cornelius H. Wedel Historical Series was initiated by the Mennonite Library and Archives at Bethel College as part of the college centennial celebration in 1987. Cornelius H. Wedel, the first president of Bethel College from the beginning of classes in 1893 until his death in 1910, was an early scholar of Mennonite studies. His four volume survey of Mennonite history, published from 1900 to 1904, helped to rescue Anabaptism and Mennonitism from their marginal and denigrated portrayal in standard works of church history. Wedel saw Anabaptism and Mennonitism as part of a tradition of biblical faithfulness going back to the early church.