We’re glad your student is interested in Bethel
We know choosing a college for your son or daughter isn’t easy.
From among the hundreds of college institutions from which you can choose, why should you and your child decide on Bethel College?
Our 4-Year Graduation Guarantee
By fulfilling a few criteria, your son or daughter will graduate in four years—guaranteed. If s/he doesn’t, Bethel College will pick up the tab on tuition for any Bethel courses that your student needs to graduate. Bethel’s 4-Year Graduation Guarantee may not be for everyone, such as those who intend to earn a teaching certificate or those who have extra responsibilities outside of the classroom, but those who do choose the four-year plan save a significant amount of money and make a head start on their career or post-graduate studies.
Our personal attention
With an astounding student-to-faculty ratio of 10:1, your student will receive special attention in the classroom. And, with enrollment between 500 and 600 each year, your son or daughter can easily find his/her niche on campus without being just another number in a lecture hall.
Bethel was No. 3 in the nation among baccalaureate colleges for its contribution to the public good, according to Washington Monthly’s annual college rankings for 2014–15. That’s No. 3 for recruiting and graduating low-income students, for producing cutting-edge scholars and for encouraging students to give something back to their community and country.
For the seventh straight year, Bethel is the only private, liberal arts college in Kansas to be ranked in Forbes.com’s analysis of top colleges and universities in the United States for 2014–15. In terms of return on investment (ROI), Bethel ranks ahead of Wichita State University.
Bethel is consistently a first-tier school in U.S. News & World Report’s annual ranking of America’s Top Colleges. In addition, Bethel is one of only six Kansas colleges, and one of only four private liberal arts institutions in the state, to be recognized as part of the President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll for 2014. Visit Bethel’s Fast Facts page to learn more about Bethel’s reputation and offerings.
- Academic Excellence
- Professors and classmates will engage, challenge and inspire your child to join in an exhilarating pursuit of knowledge and personal fulfillment. Students’ academic achievements will coincide with personal discovery and development toward wherever their dreams take them.
- Opportunities for Participation
- Your child’s education will extend beyond the classroom with activities designed to help him or her grow emotionally, socially and spiritually, all while enhancing his or her academic and leadership skills. With nearly 50 clubs and organizations, 15 varsity sports, a variety of fine arts opportunities, forensics and numerous intramural athletic options, your student has multiple ways to get involved and create lifelong college memories
- Intentional Caring Community
- Bethel College’s caring community will challenge your son or daughter, face-to-face, to excel academically, to think creatively and carefully and to live with integrity. At Bethel College, your student will find the space and support s/he needs to discover dreams and embrace old truths
- Faith-based Values
- Though Mennonites represent the largest single Christian denomination at Bethel, more than half of our students come from backgrounds other than Mennonite. Bethel College integrates faith and learning, empowering your child to view questions and dilemmas from multiple perspectives.