The Bethel College Libraries are closed to the public for the month of July.
Because of reduced staffing during this time, interlibrary loan service is not available except for research-related needs of Bethel faculty, staff, or students. Please note that processing of requests may be slower than normal.
You may always return ILL items in the Library book drop, located in the entryway to the building.
Patrons may use interlibrary loan to supplement the collections of the college libraries. Use the links below to request library materials. Please note that the library will not request music CDs or items that are required texts for a Bethel College course.
Learn more about our Lending Policies to Other Libraries if you are a staff member of another library wishing to obtain items through interlibrary loan from Bethel College.
- Check our library holdings first. An article that is not available in one database may be full-text in another or we may own it in paper. Use EBSCO A-to-Z and Voyager (Library catalog) to search for journals and books available on site. Links to these resources are on the Library/Research Databases web page.
- Use electronic request forms when possible.
- Kansas Library Catalog: Use the "Request This Item" button near the top of the page for any single title.
- EBSCOHost (if full-text is not available): Use the "Interlibrary Loan request form" link near the bottom of the citation.
- WorldCat Click "Borrow this item from another library" (under Availability) or the ILL button at the top and fill out the request form online.
- For requests from other sources: Use the links below to our book or article request forms.
- While electronic requests are preferred, paper request forms are available at the ILL desk. Please provide complete personal identification for each item you request. Place your request in the top wire basket on the ILL desk for processing.
- Do not procrastinate. On average, it takes a week for each ILL request to arrive at our library. Requests are not processed on weekends or holidays. Plan ahead!
- Alphabetical List with Descriptions
- Alphabetical List by Vendor/Source
- Full Text Recommendations
- Subject Guide to Databases
- Voyager Library Catalog
- Search for materials owned by the college library and Mennonite Library and Archives. Course Reserve materials are searchable in Voyager by instructor name, name of class and academic department.
- Credo Reference
- Provides the following databases:
- Academic Search Premier
- Alt HealthWatch
- AP NewsMonitor Collection
- Applied Sciences & Technology Abstracts
- Art Abstracts
- Art Full Text
- Book Collection: Nonfiction
- Business Source Premier
- CINAHL Plus with Full Text
- CINAHL with Full Text
- Communication & Mass Media Complete
- Computer Source
- Consumer Health Complete
- eBook Collection
- Education Abstracts
- European Views of the Americas: 1493 to 1750
- Fuenta Academica
- Funk & Wagnells New World Encyclopedia
- Health Source - Consumer Edition
- Health Source - Nursing/Academic Edition
- History Reference Center
- Legal Collection
- Library Literature & Information Science Index
- Library, Information Science & Technology Abstracts
- Literary Reference Center
- MAS Ultra - School Edition
- MasterFILE Premier
- Middle Search Plus
- Military & Government Collection
- MLA Directory of Periodicals
- MLA International Bibliography
- Newspaper Source Plus
- Primary Search
- Professional Development Collection
- Psychology and Behavioral Sciences Collection
- Regional Business News
- Religion and Philosophy Collection
- Small Business Reference Center
- Social Work Abstracts
- Teacher Reference Center
- Vocational and Career Collection
- Web News
- more than 70,000 academic electronic books
- Kansas Library Catalog
- catalog of books owned by Kansas libraries
- catalog of books and other materials worldwide
- EBSCO A-to-Z
- helps locate full-text; search by journal title
- Kansas EZ Library
- audio books and eBooks from Kansas State Library