Summer Music Camp
June 9–15 2013
When you join the Bethel College Music Camp, you become part of a community of singers and instrumentalists. Our teachers are dedicated to making music inspirational and fun.
Cost and Registration
- $435 for students residing on campus (includes lodging in air-conditioned residence halls, meals in the dining hall and a T-shirt). One private lesson is included in the fee. Additional lessons may be scheduled for $20 per lesson. If you register by May 2, the cost is $385.
- $310 for non-residential students (noon meals and camp banquet included). If you register by May 2, the cost is $260.
- A deposit of $100 must accompany the completed registration form with the balance of the fee due at registration. This deposit is refundable through May 30.
- Scholarships are available based on financial need, performance ability and instrumental needs of the camp (see registration form for more details).
For more information contact Marilyn Flaming at 1-800-522-1887 ext. 229, or by e-mail.
- Select choir for vocalists
- Participating in band or orchestra.
- Performing in a jazz band.
- Singing in the camp choir.
- Discovering chamber music.
- Hearing exciting concerts by talented faculty, counselors and guests.
- Experiencing music theory.
- Challenging your musicianship by improving your sight-reading skills.
- Working closely with outstanding music faculty.
- Interacting with personable, caring college counselors.
- Fun, exciting activities such as the annual camp water fight, movies and an outdoor barbecue.
- Dr. William Eash is professor of music at Bethel College. He will lead the camp choir and coordinate the vocal chamber music.
- Dr. Soyoun Chun is assistant professor of music at Bethel College. She will teach voice lessons and coordinate the vocal classes.
- Nancy Johnson is adjunct professor of music at Bethel College. She will coordinate the string chamber ensembles.
- James Pisano is assistant professor of music at Bethel College. He will conduct the jazz program.
- Timothy Shade is director of instrumental music at Bethel College. He will conduct the band and coordinate wind chamber ensembles.
- Dr. Karen Bauman Schlabaugh is professor of music at Bethel College. She will teach piano lessons, accompany the Faculty and Honors Concerts and oversee music theory.
Bethel College reserves the right to change the Music Camp faculty as necessary.