Church Matching Grants
Offered by a church of any denomination on behalf of a student, this grant will be matched by Bethel College dollar for dollar for the first $1,000. Grant dollars (given by Mennonite churches) beyond $1,000 will be matched at a 1:4 ratio. Churches, download the agreement form to qualify your students for this matching grant.
2014-15 Policies and Procedures
- A church is expected to indicate its plan to participate in the program on an annual basis by signing and returning a Church/College Grant Agreement Form to the Financial Aid office by March 15 or as soon as possible.
- Bethel College will match the first $1,000 dollar for dollar. The tuition limit applies to all grants and scholarships, including federal; state; outside scholarship; Bethel College scholarships, grants, matching funds and scholarships.
- The college will send aid award notices to students indicating the estimated amount of church scholarship funds we expect the student will receive. No funds will be transferred into the student’s account until the funds are actually received.
- Church grant checks must be made out to Bethel College and sent to the financial aid office. One check for all students is preferred. Along with the check, send a copy of the agreement form, showing the dollar amount each is to receive. Fall grant funds need to be here by Aug. 8. Spring grant funds need to be here by Jan. 15. Student’s bills are paid half in the Fall and half in the Spring. We recommend you pay half of the annual amount each semester rather than sending the whole amount in the Fall. If this is a problem, please let us know. Students need to receive the same amount in the Fall and Spring, as church funds can affect other types of aid.
- The Bethel matching fund dollars and the church grant funds will be credited to the student’s Bethel account.
See policies and procedures for Bethel’s Church/College Matching Grant Program
Please contact the Bethel College Financial Aid office if you have questions.