Fall Festival Overview
Fall Festival 2013 will take place Oct. 3-5, with Taste of Newton Thursday, Oct. 3, and the Fall Festival fair on campus Saturday, Oct. 5.
Each year, the Newton community kicks off Bethel’s Fall Festival on Thursday evening from 6–9 p.m. with Taste of Newton downtown. Dozens of food booths sponsored by groups from the college, area churches, civic clubs and service organizations line the streets. Music and dance groups perform at two locations.
On Friday, Admissions hosts prospective students and their families on campus. A special Fall Festival convocation sets the mood for of the upcoming weekend. Classes end at noon and the afternoon and evening include special activities for students, alumni and guests.
Most Fall Festival activities are held on Saturday. The campus comes alive with a
Fall Festival fair across the Green:
- foods of all kinds, including traditional Mennonite fare
- booths by academic departments and clubs
- music and other entertainment
- children’s activities
- sports events, including competitions and recognitions
- arts and crafts by alumni and guests
- a stage production
- humorous programs in Swiss-German and Low German dialect
- exhibits in the art gallery and at Kauffman Museum
- a Market on the Green to benefit the Bethel College Women’s Association
- lectures by alumni
- alumni reunions for grads in various majors, and for the 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th and 35th anniversary classes
On Sunday morning, the Bethel College Mennonite Church, adjacent to the campus, hosts a Fall Festival worship service. Fall Festival activities often conclude with a final fine arts performance or stage production in the afternoon.
For more information, please contact the alumni office, which coordinates Fall Festival.