Getting to Campus
From the North or South via I-135
- Take Exit 34 (K-15, North Newton/Abilene) and proceed south to 27th Street
- Immediately after the flashing yellow pedestrian light, turn left to enter the campus
For the Admissions office (Leisy Welcome Center):
- proceed three blocks farther to 24th Street to the flashing yellow light and turn left
- Go two blocks to College Avenue
- The Leisy Welcome Center is the large butterscotch-colored house on your right, on the southeast corner of College and 24th Street.
From the east via U.S. Hwy. 50
- Pass through Walton
- Proceed several miles to the exit for Newton and 12th Street
- Take this exit – do not take the ramp to I-135 south to Wichita
- The 12th Street exit will take you to Old Trail Road 1200
- Follow Old Trail Road 1200 to 12th Street and turn right on 12th
- Proceed on 12th Street (west) to the traffic light at K-15 (Main Street)
- Turn right (north) on K-15 and proceed one mile to 24th Street at the flashing yellow light (for Admissions/Leisy Welcome Center) or three blocks farther to 27th Street immediately before the flashing yellow pedestrian light (for campus)
- Turn right and proceed two blocks for Admissions/Leisy Welcome Center, the large butterscotch-colored house on your right, on the southeast corner of 24th Street and College Avenue, or turn right into the campus at 27th Street.
From the north via K-15
- Go under the interstate
- proceed to 27th Street for the campus or 24th Street for Admissions (Leisy Welcome Center) and continue as directed above.
From the west via U.S. Hwy. 50
- Take Highway 50 on the south side of Newton
- Get on Interstate 135 N (U.S. 50 E, Emporia/U.S. 81 N, Salina)
- Proceed north on I-135 to Exit 34 (K-15, North Newton/Abilene)
- then use directions above for "from north or south via I-135."
By train or plane
If traveling by train, book a ticket to Newton, home of one of the few Amtrak stations in Kansas. If traveling by plane, arrive at Wichita’s Mid-Continent Airport and you’ll have only a 30-minute drive to our campus. If needed, transportation to and from the airport or train station can be arranged.
We also have a list of area accommodations to help you plan your visit.