We are here to help you from start to finish.
Be sure to start early. Remember, early applicants receive priority.
Complete these steps to apply for scholarships, grants and loans at Bethel College:
- Complete the Bethel College application for international students.
- Send an application fee of $20 in U.S. currency. If you send the application before December 22, the $20 fee is waived. You can waive the fee at any time by making a visit to campus. (Contact us to schedule a campus visit.)
- Request your transcript/s from each high school and college in which you have previously been enrolled. Bethel admissions cannot request college transcripts.
- Send in an official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report (Bethel’s TOEFL code number is 6037) or SAT1 score report (Bethel’s SAT code number is 6037). Bethel College requires either the TOEFL or the SAT1, with a minimum TOEFL score of 540 paper-based, 207 computer-based or 76 internet-based or a SAT1 score showing a math/critical reading total of 900 or better. Bethel does not offer English as a Second Language (ESL) courses.
- Complete and submit a letter of motivation (limit one page)
- Submit two references:
- When we receive your test score, high school and/or college transcripts and recommendations, we will send you an acceptance letter.
- We will mail you the Student Life Contract with a request for a $200 U.S. enrollment deposit. Housing preferences are considered upon receipt of your deposit and completed Student Life Contract.
Advising and early enrollment process begins May 1 for those who have returned their $200 U.S. deposit and completed Student Life Contract.
If you have questions or would like a free financial aid counseling session, please contact the Office of Admissions.
Bethel College values the cultural diversity that international students bring to the classroom and the Bethel campus community. International students who live on campus will receive up to 50 percent tuition discount while those who choose not to live on campus receive up to 35 percent tuition discount.
Use our net price calculator to estimate your education costs.
Tuition and room and board costs are for one full year. Commuters are charged a $680 campus life fee. All amounts are in U.S. funds.
|Base costs for 2015–16 academic year|
|Room and board:*||$8,110|
|Summer living expenses:**||$1,600|
|* Room and board options|
|Haury Hall||$8,110 (required for first time freshmen)|
†Travel escrow: The travel escrow is a one-time expense and is held in your account in the event you need to return home in an emergency. If unused, the travel escrow will be returned to you when you leave Bethel.
††Health Insurance: All students are required to have health insurance coverage. If the student is covered under a family plan, additional health insurance is not required. The full health insurance premium is due in the fall at the start of school.