The Department of Communication Arts offers annual scholarships to promising high school forensics students considering Bethel College. We base scholarships on evaluated auditions performed in person or submitted via video or DVD.
Specific requirements and procedures for auditions
- The audition should last no longer than 20 minutes and should showcase as many forensics events as possible.
- If you have debated, include part of a constructive speech (four to six minutes) in the audition.
- If you have no forensics material, you may use speeches or interpretive literature readings you have recently performed.
- Taped auditions will be returned postage prepaid.
- We decide on forensics scholarships as auditions are completed. It is to your advantage to complete your audition as soon as possible.
Scholarships cannot be awarded before the Admissions Office has received your application for admission to Bethel College.
For more information, or to arrange an audition or submit a video or DVD, contact your admissions counselor or the Department of Communication Arts.