Wondering exactly what needs to happen before you can join us at Bethel? Just work with us to complete the following steps!
- Send in your completed Bethel College nursing application with the $20 fee. If you mail the application before Dec. 1, the $20 fee is waived. You can waive the fee at any time by bringing your application with you when you visit campus. (Contact us to schedule a campus visit.)
- Request your transcript/s from each college in which you have previously enrolled. Bethel admissions cannot request college transcripts. Read more about transferring credit.
- When we receive your college transcript/s and the recommendation, we will send you an acceptance letter. See admittance requirements and procedures below.
- We will mail you a Student Life Contract with a request for a $200 enrollment deposit. Housing preferences are considered upon receipt of the deposit and completed Student Life Contract.
- Complete and submit the FAFSA by April 1 to be considered for Kansas grants. Bethel College’s Federal School Code is 001905. The FAFSA must be received before financial aid can be awarded.
- The advising and early enrollment process begins in April for those who have returned their deposit and completed Student Life Contract.
(for unlicensed students)
Admission to the Nursing Pre-Licensure Program occurs once a year in the fall. Applications must be received by April 15 (for fall enrollment) Students requesting admission to the nursing major will be considered under the following criteria:
- Enrolled in or admitted to Bethel College (see Bethel College Catalog). This includes providing official transcripts of ALL college credits.
- Students enrolled at Bethel College during freshman and/or sophomore years are guaranteed a seat in the nursing program, provided admission criteria are met.
- Transfer students will be reviewed and a decision made regarding admission based on a review of materials submitted.
- General education proficiency as documented in the Bethel College Catalog.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Completion of ALL pre-requisite nursing courses with a C or higher before beginning NSG300.
- Any exceptions must be submitted in writing with supporting evidence for consideration to the Department of Nursing Admission and Progression Committee.
A completed application submitted to the Department of Nursing will include:
- Application form
- Written essay on your interest in nursing and/or your reason for continuing your education
- Two completed reference forms from: (1) an employer, and (2) minister/rabbi/youth sponsor, academic advisor or health professional.
- Ablility to meet performance standards.
Transfer nursing students:
- For those transfer students who have acceptable previous nursing course work at the baccalaureate level to be considered for transfer, a written request with syllabi should be presented to the Department of Nursing Director for evaluation towards advanced placement.
- One letter of reference must be completed from the Director at the applicant’s previous nursing program.
If you have questions, please contact the Office of Admissions.