Wondering exactly what needs to happen before you can join us as a nursing student?
Just work with us to complete the following steps!
- Send in your completed Bethel College nursing application with the $20 fee. If you mail the application before December 22, the $20 fee is waived. You can waive the fee at any time by bringing your completed application with you when you visit campus. (Contact us to schedule a campus visit.)
- Request your transcript/s from each college in which you have previously enrolled. Bethel admissions cannot request college transcripts. Read more about transferring credit.
- Please provide a Bethel College Department of Nursing Reference Form to two people to complete and return. Your references will be contacted for insight into your character, scholastic or work performance. Please list below the two people to whom you have given the reference forms. This must include a recent employer plus one of the following:
- minister/youth sponsor
- academic advisor/teacher or health professional
- When we receive your college transcript/s and the recommendation, we will send you an acceptance letter. See admittance requirements and procedures below.
- We will mail you a Student Life Contract with a request for a $200 enrollment deposit. Housing preferences are considered upon receipt of the deposit and completed Student Life Contract.
- Complete and submit the FAFSA by April 1 to be considered for Kansas grants. Bethel College’s Federal School Code is 001905. The FAFSA must be received before financial aid can be awarded.
- The advising and early enrollment process begins in April for those who have returned their deposit and completed Student Life Contract.
Pre-Licensure Program (for Unlicensed Students)
Admission to the Nursing Pre-Licensure Program occurs once a year in the fall. Nursing application packets must be complete by February 15 (for fall enrollment) Students requesting admission to the nursing major will be considered under the following criteria:
Admittance Requirements and Procedures
Admission procedures for the nursing program are as follows:
Pre-licensure program (for unlicensed students and LPNs)
- Enrolled in or admitted to Bethel College (see Bethel College Catalog). This includes providing official transcripts of ALL college credits.
- Students enrolled full-time at Bethel College for two concurrent semesters prior to entering nursing are guaranteed a seat in the nursing program, provided admission criteria are met.
- Transfer students will be reviewed and a decision made regarding admission based on a review of materials submitted.
- General education proficiency as documented in the Bethel College Catalog.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- Completion of ALL pre-requisite nursing courses with a C or higher before beginning NSG300. The licensed practical or vocational nurse applicant may waive NSG300 Foundations of Nursing because of previous program content. The applicant may always choose to enroll in or audit the course.
- Any exceptions must be submitted in writing with supporting evidence for consideration to the Department of Nursing Admission and Progression Committee.
A completed application submitted to the Department of Nursing will include:
- Application form
- A minimum 500-word written essay on your interest in nursing and what goals you have as a member of the nursing profession.
- Two completed professional reference forms from: (1) an employer, and (2) minister/rabbi/youth sponsor, academic advisor or health professional.
- Ablility to meet performance standards.
D. Advanced Placement
Transfer nursing students:
- For those transfer students who have acceptable previous nursing course work at the baccalaureate level to be considered for transfer, a written request with syllabi should be presented to the Department of Nursing Director for evaluation towards advanced placement.
- In addition to the two letters of reference above, an additional letter of reference must be completed from the Director at the applicant’s previous nursing program.