- B.M. Wichita State University 1985
- M.M. Wichita State University 1993
- B.A. Seoul National University 1995
- M.M. New England Conservatory of Music 1997
- D.M.A. University of Kansas 2004
- B.M.E. Wichita State University 1967
- M.M. Northwestern University 1972
- B.A. Bluffton College 1974
- M.A. University of Iowa 1979
- D.M.A. University of Iowa 1988
Dr. William Eash is in demand as a conductor and music educator. He begins his eleventh year as Professor of Music and Director of Choral Activities at Bethel College and is conductor of the Emmy Award winning Bethel College Concert Choir. A native of Ohio, his career has taken him to several cities in the United States and Europe. He has studied piano and voice at the Hochschule für Musik und darstellende Kunst in Vienna, Austria. In addition to his European study, he has held positions as Director of Choral Music at the University of Evansville and as Director of Music at Newman University. Dr. Eash is a recipient of the 2010 Award for Teaching Excellence at Bethel College.He holds the Master of Music degree in choral conducting and the Doctor of Musical Arts in Choral Conducting from the University of Iowa.
- B.M. Eastern New Mexico University 1990
- M.M. Texas Tech University 1994
- B.M. University of Kansas 1980
- M.M. Virginia Commonwealth University 1984
- B.A. Bethel College 1985
- M.A. University of Iowa 1987
- D.M.A. University of Kansas 1992
- B.A. Music Education Bethel College 2009
- M.M. Jazz Performance and Pedagogy University of Colorado at Boulder 2011
Joel Linscheid is a saxophonist, educator and composer from North Newton, Kansas. He received his M.M. in Jazz Performance and Pedagogy from the University of Colorado at Boulder and B.A. in Music with Education Certification from Bethel College in North Newton, Kansas.
An active performer on saxophone, clarinet and flute, Linscheid has worked as freelance musician in Denver, Kansas City, and Wichita, as well as being employed by Holland America Cruise Lines. From 2012-2013, he toured full-time with The Glenn Miller Orchestra, performing in venues across the United States, Canada and Japan. He can be heard on the group’s latest CD In the Mood, released in March 2013. Joel has performed in educational or professional settings with many notable musicians, including Bobby Watson, Johnny Mathis, The Diamonds, The Four Tops, Allen Vizzutti, and Nneena Freelon.
As an educator, Linscheid has taught private saxophone, clarinet and jazz improvisation to students of all ages and abilities, ranging from middle school to the collegiate level. From 2009-2011, he worked as a graduate teaching assistant and guest lecturer at the University of Colorado at Boulder. He is currently serving as Director of Jazz Studies and Instructor of Music at Bethel College in North Newton, Kansas.
- B.A. University of New Hampshire
- M.M. University of Miami 1997
- B.M. Oberlin College Conservatory of Music 1970
- M.M. Ithaca College 1974
- D.M.A. University of Iowa 1981
- B.M. Youngstown State University 2006
- M.M. University of Miami 2008
- B.M. Wichita State University 1991
- M.M. Wichita State University 1993
- Bachelor of Arts in Music Western Kentucky University 2008
- Master of Music in Instrumental Conducting Southern Methodist University 2010
- Doctor of Musical Arts (Candidate) University of Oklahoma 2013
Chris David Westover is the Director of Instrumental Music at Bethel College in North Newton, Kansas. Prior to this appointment, Mr. Westover held positions at the University of Oklahoma and Southern Methodist University. At Bethel College, Mr. Westover conducts the Wind Ensemble, Philharmonia and Chamber Orchestras in addition to teaching course work in music education, conducting and opera. He holds the Bachelor of Arts in Music from Western Kentucky University, the Master of Music in Instrumental Conducting from SMU’s Meadows School of the Arts and is a Doctoral Candidate at the University of Oklahoma. His conducting teachers include Jonathan Shames, John Carmichael, Jack Delaney, Kenneth Kiesler, and Eric Smedley. In addition, he has participated in master classes with Donald Hunsberger, James Keene, Robert Rumbelow and Mark Davis Scatterday.