- Major requirements for Music:
- 36 hours plus piano competency
- Major requirements for Music teacher licensure:
- 59 hours, including 7 hours in the major performance medium, piano and guitar competency and aural skills competency, plus completion of professional education requirements.
- Minor requirements for Music:
- 16 hours
Private Lessons and Pedagogy Opportunities
Bethel offers private instruction in piano, organ, voice and all wind, string and percussion instruments, plus a cooperative program in piano pedagogy that gives pianists a unique and valuable opportunity for concentrated study. All students engaged in private study are occasionally invited to become paid apprentice instructors in the Bethel College Academy for the Performing Arts, where they are mentored by college faculty. More than 200 community students participate in BCAPA’s programs, which include private lessons, a Suzuki violin program and dance.
Contact: Karen Bauman Schlabaugh