Do you like physical activity?
Do you enjoy sports and working out?
Do you like working with people and want to help them improve their health?
If so, this might be the ideal major for you. One goal of Bethel College’s health and physical education program is to help people lead active and healthy lives.
If you decide to major in health and physical education, you’ll have the opportunity to work as an intern at an organization or school, allowing you to get hands-on experience in your specific areas of interest within the field before you even graduate.
Our departmental goal is for students to master their program of study as well as the fundamentals of critical and independent thinking, communication, collaboration and creativity needed to enter the world, workforce and graduate school with confidence. The commitments and mission of the college define the framework within which we set its purposes and objectives.
- Our purpose is to prepare students for responsible lives of learning, service and leadership.
- Our goal is that all students learn to live active and healthy lives.
- Our aim is to advance the study of exercise, sport and athletic training to promote life balance, wellness and peak performance.
- Our commitment is to educate high-quality teachers, coaches, athletic trainers and sports managers dedicated to lifelong learning and reflective practice.
- Our desire is for students to be models of excellence in all aspects of their lives – intellectual, cultural and spiritual leaders for the church and society.
Many careers in health and physical education require physical activity, so it is part of many courses. In addition, internships are required of all majors in order to give you firsthand experience in a career field that is of interest to you.
Recent placements have included:
- fitness centers
- sports management
- personal training
- community recreation
- sports information and journalism
- summer youth camps
- sporting goods sales