When you choose to do an internship, you will have the opportunity to work as a team member in actual conflict situations. With the help of KIPCOR staff, you will develop a placement that matches your personal interests.
Some recent placements have included:
- Conflict resolution training and intervention, Guatemala
- The Journal of Peacebuilding and Development, Washington, D.C.
- Juvenile dependency mediation (placing children in need of care)
- Conflict resolution resourcing for a city manager
- Urban community mediation center
- Anger management program in a rural school
- Victim/offender mediation programs
Thanks to the generosity of Glenna Premer, a 2004 certificate recipient, the Premer Award provides up to $1,000 to individuals who design creative conflict resolution internships. You must submit to KIPCOR a typed description of your internship design and how you would use the award funds. Off-site internships are especially encouraged. For assistance and details, please see the KIPCOR website.